While everyday life is something other than normal these days, one thing remains the same–spring is in the air. The weather is getting better, the trees are blooming, and the grass is greening. Staying at home can be relaxing and a way of renewing or strengthening family connections. It can also be a time for the family to get outdoors and experience Mother Nature and all her beauty.
Another great thing about being together with family is it makes an ideal time for an overnight or weekend stay at The Casa or The Farmhouse at Gervasi Vineyard (GV). Staying at this luxurious destination resort is the perfect way to get away from home for a bit while maintaining social distancing and enjoying privacy and the natural beauty of the surrounding landscape.
And, GV resort buildings and grounds are designed in a Tuscan style which may ease the disappointment for those who had to cancel a trip to Italy this spring.
GV is generously giving back to its guests by offering a number of special packages to help guests save on their April stays. GV is also giving back to the community by donating $50 to the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank for each new booking through the month of April.
Enjoy the Luxury of The Casa at Gervasi Vineyard
The Casa is an upscale luxury boutique hotel with 24 individual suites featuring king-sized beds, fireplaces, heated floors and other high-end amenities. Each suite has an adjacent covered patio, allowing guests to enjoy the picturesque view of the courtyard and lake. The Casa’s suites offer the ultimate in deluxe accommodations and remarkable comfort.
Suites at The Casa are designed for guests to spend time alone and apart from the crowd. And, The Farmhouse – a restored and modernized 2,200-square-foot home – is rented to one guest or family at a time. It is loaded with the charm of an early 1800s farmhouse combined with updated features and all the conveniences of a modern home.
Staying at GV is a truly unique getaway where one can appreciate each day by:
- Starting with a complimentary breakfast delivered to the suite. Enjoy the meal and coffee in the suite or on the private outdoor patio amidst the sights and sounds of Mother Nature herself.
- Later in the day, guests can order lunch or dinner, and have it delivered to the suite or they can take a short walk to The Crush House for a carryout order.
- Throughout the stay, guests can take leisurely strolls around the Gervasi grounds which includes two large vineyards, many trees, a wooden bridge over a babbling brook, a beautiful Tuscan style pavilion, green landscaped lawns with benches and Adirondack chairs spread throughout as well as two sparling lakes – complete with swans.
- For those who would like to get in some exercise, there are Stark Parks walking trails connected to GV where guests are welcomed to bike or hike. Stark Parks is part of a Stark County wide trail system with well-maintained trails that are designed for enjoyable hikes.
Social Distancing Has Never Been So Relaxing
The quiet and relaxation never ends at GV. During the afternoon, get in some birdwatching, reading or daydreaming lakeside or get cozy back at the suite next to the fireplace with a bottle of Gervasi’s award winning wines or a glass of Gervasi’s own unique spirits.
Guests can enjoy several options from GV’s spirits list such as wine barrel-finished bourbon, rosé vodka, and blood orange gin. These flavor-infused spirits are carefully crafted to enjoy neat or as signature ingredients in GV’s creative cocktails.
And, as the evening approaches, prepare to watch sunsets from a private outdoor patio or sitting next to the lake while enjoying a fresh brewed cup of coffee.
“We usually have cooking classes, winery and distillery tours, wine tastings, live entertainment or one our many festivals available to our guests,” said Director of Hotel & Resort Operations, Susan Monteleone.
She added, “While those activities are on hold for now, there are still many ways for our guests to savor their getaway this month such as strolling the grounds every day, enjoying the outdoors, experiencing great wines and relaxing and disconnecting all while practicing social distancing. Guests can be assured our team is taking extra measures to keep everything sparkling clean and disinfected.”
The Casa Team Takes Care of Guests
Gervasi Vineyard (The Villas and The Casa) is one of only 18 hotels in Ohio to receive a AAA Four Diamond rating recognizing it as a refined, stylish and upscale hotel. It’s also a Select Registry member.
In addition to the luxury accommodations, each suite at The Casa has its own air filter system. Plus, suites are stocked with a Keurig coffee maker, complimentary coffee, tea, juices, sodas and water. And, bottles of Gervasi’s fine wines or the perfect pour of Gervasi’s spirits can be delivered to a suite.
One of the first measures the team at The Casa and The Farmhouse implemented when the social distancing and other orders started was to stagger when each suite is reserved. There is a 24 hour wait time between guest stays for suites at The Casa and for The Farmhouse.
In addition to standard daily facility sanitation processes and food safety practices implemented at GV, the team is taking extra precautionary measures such as increased frequency and expanded sanitation procedures including:
- Increased sanitation of door handles, railings, counters and other public and staff touch points in all outlets
- Increased hand washing and sanitation station locations and frequency
- Enhanced sanitization processes for handling of hotel and restaurant supplies
- Vigilance with all ServSafe policies for proper food handling. Each outlet has multiple ServSafe certified staff already in place.
- Hotel Housekeeping practices are fully CDC compliant with expanded disinfecting procedures and frequency for maximal guest suite preparedness. Additionally, housekeeping staff have escalated personal sanitation practices for handwashing, cleaning of uniforms, etc.
- GV Destinations has fully implemented disinfecting and sanitizing products that are effective for the Coronavirus in all outlets.
Monteleone said, “We are cleaning every item in every suite. Our team is deep cleaning and sanitizing every surface, chair legs, and other areas of every suite and the lobby. After cleaning, each suite is sprayed with a disinfectant. In addition to the normal cleaning of the bathroom, changing the towels and beds, we are sanitizing the light switches, phones, even the pens on the desk. The lobby area is cleaned every day and the handles on the front doors, the desk, railings, tables and all other items are disinfected twice a day.”
Monteleone said in addition to what the GV team is doing, guests are bringing their own sanitizers and practicing CDC guidelines.
“It is a great time to be on the property, it’s quiet, the weather is getting better and it’s easy to get outside when staying at The Casa,” Monteleone said.
Gervasi Vineyard also offers unique getaway stays at The Villas located on the grounds. The Villas will reopen for reservations as soon as the Stay at Home order is lifted.
Under normal circumstances, in addition to spending relaxing time on the grounds, visitors will find many exciting adventures in Stark County to explore including the Canton Classic Car Museum, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Zoar Village, Amish Country, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland and much more.