February has traditionally been thought of as the month for showing how much you love someone and how much you appreciate them being a part of your life. Plus, February also has that one special day to focus on each other — Valentine’s Day.
Many couples know exactly what they want Valentine’s Day to be while others can become stressed trying to plan a day that’s just right for their special someone. Some couples like to get creative and inspired while others love the tradition of flowers and a date night with their significant other.
For all those different expectations of celebrating love on Valentine’s Day, or during the entire month, be assured you can count on Gervasi Vineyard Resort & Spa to provide a night of inspiration and romance, intimate dining, decadent chocolates, exquisite wine and ambiance for that special someone.
The Bistro Radiates Romance
While all of the eateries at Gervasi offer something for everyone on Valentine’s Day or any time of the month, The Bistro comes with the highest of recommendations. It was named one of the 100 Most Romantic Restaurants by Open Table.
They write, “Gervasi is one of the few special places where beauty, tradition, comfort and appreciation for wine and fresh food connect. Wine varieties are among the best in Ohio. The ingredients of the Gervasi Italian Bistro dinner menu are seasonally hand-selected and grown by local farmers.”
The Bistro exudes romance inside and out. On the inside, The Bistro is a restored historic barn with intimate tables for two or bigger tables for private groups, soft lighting and a stunning fireplace. Guests swoon over the upscale rustic Italian cuisine when their plates are delivered to their tables by The Bistro’s professional staff who deliver incredible service.
On the outside, it is surrounded by vineyards and offers romantic views of the lake and landscapes that remind one of a village in Italy.
Start the Evening with Romance – Celebrate Each Other
Let’s get your Valentine’s Day plans started.
You might want to start by making a reservation now to ensure you get the table and time you want.
Next, let’s talk about what’s for dinner on Valentine’s Day. When you think of your favorite, romantic meal what comes to mind first? Seafood? Steak? Decadent desserts? If so, The Bistro is the place to celebrate with your most favorite person.
February specials at The Bistro are available throughout the month of February and especially on Valentine’s Day. They include:
- Lobster and Crab Agnolotti: House made Crab Agnolotti, 6 oz Maine Lobster Tail, Sweety Drops, Brussels Sprouts, Red Onion, Arugula, Calabrese Pepper Formaggio
- Smoke Duck Breast with Gnocchi: Sliced Smoked Duck Breast, House made Gnocchi, Roasted Sweet Corn, Pancetta, Caramelized Onions, Parsnips, Spinach and Gervasi Maple Cask Bourbon Demi
- Surf & Turf: Grilled Filet and Oven Roasted Chilean Seabass, Goat Cheese Risotto, Creamed Spinach, Asparagus, Horseradish Sun Dried Tomato Butter
Save room for the sweetest of desserts. Top off a great meal with one (or more) of the decadent desserts at The Bistro during the month of love. Enjoy:
- Mocha Cherry Cupcake: A Dark Chocolate Cupcake (Made with Gervasi Coffee), filled with Dark Cherry Compote and topped with a Whipped Mocha Buttercream
- Macaron Trio: Red Velvet, Raspberry, White Chocolate Cherry
- Viola: Crème De Violette, St. Germaine, lemon juice, blackberry simple syrup, Lambrusco
GV has the Perfect Wines!
All romantic evenings have to start and finish with some of the best Italian wines offered in the area. For that extra touch of romance, the wine experts at Gervasi recommend Celebrazione – “Celebrate” is one of the Family Reserve wines. It is a compliment of classical red wine grapes united with vineyard-grown varietals to produce a vibrant youthful wine made in the Vino Novello style.
If you are dining on property during Valentine’s Day or anytime, enjoy a bottle of Lambrusco, Prosecco, or Franciacorra – all are part of the Gervasi award-winning Italian Collection:
- Lambrusco – Gervasi’s Lambrusco Bianco Amabile has a delicate sweetness with subtle honey and apple aromas. On the pallet the sparkling wine imparts a soft, sensual sensation. It refreshes like a morning frost in the springtime.
- Prosecco – Gervasi’s Prosecco is produced by a small family operation specializing in Prosecco production. Prosecco is vinted from the Glera grape. With its “extra dry” profile, our Prosecco has a softer approach on the pallet and delivers tones of apples, pears, citrus and a touch of blossom.
- Franciacorta – Gervasi’s Franciacorta is made from 100% Pinot Noir using the traditional method of sparkling wine production. This Rosé’s complexion is pure and replete with Pinot Noir hues that softly enrapture the eyes. It is adorned by a persistent effervescent mousse while aromas and flavors of cherries and strawberries captivate and seduce even the non-sparkling drinker. Our Franciacorta is classified as “Brut” which places it on the dryer side of the sparkling wine sweetness scale, yet it is gentle, vibrant and refreshing.
Keep the Evening Going and the Romance Alive
Spending the evening together having an unbelievably great meal accompanied by the best of Italian wines and topped off with a luscious dessert, what more can you ask for. Gervasi has the perfect way for the evening to continue, with a stop at The Still House for a specially prepared cocktail or an amazing delicious treat.
This year, The Still House is mixing up specialty cocktails (with the perfect names for the day) including:
- Hunka Bourbon Love – Wine Barrel bourbon, ginger liquor, lemon juice, Angostura bitters, soda, strawberry and mint
- I Dream of Gin(ie) – Gervasi Spirits gin, pomegranate liquor, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, simple syrup
- Swashbuckle Sweetheart – Muddle strawberry, Gervasi Spirits rum, Chambord, ginger beer, strawberry puree, garnished with a chocolate-dipped strawberry
- Bubly Rose – Rose syrup, strawberry puree, Lambrusco, garnished with heart-shaped strawberry
And, don’t forget the coffee drinks offered at The Stillhouse. Ask for one of the following:
- Blueberry Cold Brew – Dollop of blueberry puree, all shook up with cold brew and topped off with cream(defult) or milk, whipped cream and a fresh delicious blueberry
- Sparkling Raspberry Iced Coffee – raspberry syrup, espresso, it is built in Colling glass with raspberry on the bottom, ice, tonic water and topped with espresso
- Cherry Almond Latte (hot or iced) – cherry syrup, almond syrup, espresso, milk and topped with whipped cream
- Rose Cappuccino – rose syrup, espresso, milk and topped with rose crystals
- Lavender and vanilla latte (hot or iced) – lavender syrup, vanilla syrup, espresso and milk
It’s All About Celebrating Life, Love, Happiness and Being Together
While visiting Gervasi Vineyard Resort & Spa, stopping by The Marketplace is a must to pick up a special gift for your loved one, especially on Valentine’s Day. Add to the evening’s events by shopping before or after going to The Bistro. The experts at the Marketplace will package the gift in a special Gervasi bag with red (Valentines’ favorite color) tissue paper.
Marketplace specialists recommend Uno de 50 as the perfect gift for anyone who loves jewelry. You can also find Hammitt high-end handbags and leather goods at the elegant gift shop.
Yet another delightful brand of gifts is Barefoot Dreams for those who love to cuddle up with a blanket or luxurious wrap.
Shoppers will find plenty of gift options for men as well. From a wide variety of spirits including Bourbons to decanters and even GV branded golf apparel.
Dinner, wine, desserts, specialty spirits, incredible coffee treats and a gift hand-picked for your mate all add up to the most memorable date night with your Valentine.
End the evening with a promise to each other to return to Gervasi Vineyard Resort & Spa for more special ways to celebrate love and life.
What a night! What a life!