Celebrating a Decade of Growth at Gervasi Vineyard
“Celebrate Life” has been Gervasi Vineyard’s mantra for ten years. The winery resort’s mission is to provide guests with an escape that integrates the pleasure of exceptional wine and food, a beautiful atmosphere and world class service into memorable experiences that last a lifetime.
This year, Gervasi Vineyard is celebrating its diamond anniversary with a host of events that are gem worthy for customers who visit during the month of March.
Gervasi Vineyard’s history began a decade ago when owner Ted Swaldo, inspired by Grandma Gervasi’s (maiden name) and the family’s traditional Italian ways and cooking, saw great potential in an overgrown 55-acre piece of land with a two-hundred-year-old barn all located on the edge of Canton. Ted had a dream of creating a place for people to come to enjoy time together with an alluring bottle of Italian wine and traditional Italian food all served surrounded by vineyards and magnificent landscaping.
Scott Swaldo is the general manager and has been overseeing operations and development.
“We started with the restoration of the barn in 2009, we wanted it to have an Italian feel in the design,” Scott said. “The rustic elegance of the barn is one of the first things visitors notice. After the barn, we built The Pavilion with the same design incorporating elegance, grace and style.”
Timeline of Growth
The Bistro which initially occupied the upper level of the barn, opened March 16, 2010. A few months later, The Piazza (the outdoor dining venue located immediately behind the barn) was opened, and the surrounding vineyards were planted. The Pavilion was also added to the estate the summer of 2010 to host large-scale outdoor weddings and events.
In addition to several distinct restaurants, the property has become home to a winery inside The Crush House (built in October 2013) and many other Tuscan style buildings including:
- The Villas with 24 luxury overnight suites (October 2013)
- The Villa Grande and The Conservatory event centers (October 2013)
- The Marketplace, a boutique gift shop
- The Still House, a coffeehouse and cocktail lounge & bar (December 2018)
- The Distillery (January 2019)
- The Casa, an upscale boutique hotel with an additional 24 suites (May 2019)
The GV Experience
Gervasi Vineyard offers several accommodation options for guests seeking a unique overnight experience. Stay in the Tuscan-inspired Villas, the newly-built boutique inn, The Casa, or the restored Farmhouse from the early 1800s. If you’re looking to treat yourself or impress your business partners, you will find luxury packages that combine GV’s finest wines, spirits, dining, and amenities.
Factors for a Decade of Success
- Creating a unique, world class venue where guests can dine, stay, play, experience great wines and spirits.
- Having a strong opening by creating an authentic Tuscan experience.
- Responding to customer desires. The Casa was built because customers wanted more availability of overnight stays on the property.
- Creating momentum by enhancing guests’ expectations as it relates to the overall Gervasi experience.
- Fast response to feedback and requests from customers.
Celebration Promotions and Events
In celebration of the customer support over the past 10 years, Gervasi Vineyard is offering several special promotions and events in the month of March including:
Diamond Anniversary Promotions: March 1-31
- Receive 10 Loyalty Rewards points per dollar spent.
- $10 off bottles of GV wine on Wednesdays when you dine-in at The Bistro, The Crush House, The Still House, and The Twisted Olive. (Italian Collection excluded).
- 30% off all GV signature collection products purchased at The Marketplace including apparel, coffee, marinara sauce, chocolates and other logo merchandise (wine and spirits excluded).
Special 10-year anniversary celebrations:
- GV Classics Wine Pairing Event – March 1 – Price: $22.00 Duration: 1 hour Explore a selection of GV favorite wines paired with GV favorite small bites.
- Flights & Bites – March 10 – Price: $19.00 – Duration: 1 hour; Visit The Bistro for a unique and interactive tasting experience for our Diamond Anniversary.
- Solera Wine Release – March 22 – Price $20.00 – Duration: 1½ hours; Special release and tasting of new limited edition Gervasi Wine with appetizers in The Crush House
- Chocolate Stroll – March 28 – Price: $34.00 Duration: 3 hours; Take a stroll across the Gervasi estate, stopping at multiple venues to indulge in decadent treats!